Every September we invite the Best Made Co team to our festival, The Good Life Experience, to show off their wares, host axe demos and have a properly good time. This axe is one of two remaining from their festival stock, and available now at an unbeatable price!
Designed from the ground up in New York City, tested the world over. The American Felling Axe has a 4lb Dayton pattern head, perhaps one of the most iconic American axe head designs, which is drop forged in the United States from 5160 alloy steel.
SPECS + MATERIALS:
- Designed by Best Made Company
- 4lb Dayton head
- Best Made Axe Manual
- Embroidered badge
- 35”h x 7.5”w x 1.5”d
- 5160 American alloy steel
- 35" fine grain Appalachian hickory
- Bridle leather sheath
- Hand-made wood crate
- Oil the handle of your axe with linseed oil at least once a day for a week, once a week for a month, and once a month for a year.
- Before you use your axe, always inspect it thoroughly for any signs of damage or wear. Pay close attention to any looseness between the head and the handle.
- Make a habit of sharpening your axe before or after every use. Sharp axes are safer and more enjoyable to use.
- Always practice safe chopping. Use a chopping block when splitting, avoid overstrike, and be mindful of your own safety as well as the safety of others.
- After using your axe, wipe away any moisture, dirt, or sap that may have accumulated on the head or the handle. Re-apply oil to handle if needed.
- When not in use, store your axe in a cool dry place, safely away from pets, children, etc.